TLC’s Program Updates During Covid-19
This page is the official source of information for agency updates at The Learning Center for the Deaf during the COVID-19 pandemic.
During this unprecedented time in our community, TLC is doing everything we can to continue to provide support for our community, both locally and statewide. While our school(s) have transitioned to remote learning in the home, many of our community programs have moved to virtual and web-based platforms for continued academic, clinical and training support. We welcome inquiries from local businesses, families, business professionals and other industries who would greatly benefit from communication access for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
The following programs at TLC are still open and operating under a Telehealth or Remote Services structure:
- Audiology Clinic: Offering curbside service and Telehealth appointments.
- Interpreting Services: Offering HIPAA-compliant web-based platforms to support online interpreting services for medical, academic, professional and educational settings.
- Walden Community Services (Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative): Providing Telehealth services to support families across the Commonwealth with a deaf family member.
- Center for Research and Training: CRT continues to support its clients with culturally and linguistically accessible education for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Public School Partnerships: PSP offers advocacy for parents and school districts during this challenging climate to provide a support system for monitoring deaf and hard of hearing students’ academic and developmental progress.
Please view the Agency Operations Status below or visit our program pages for additional information.